Monday, February 20, 2012

Self Insertion Shenanigans!


This above is the final outcome. I am less than pleased with it, but eh that's because the quality of both soruce images were shoddy, the original BG was already filter-frakked stock because of the scene, and the self-image used is in a color scheme that is completely opposite of what the BG was so, yeah. Only so much I can do with no proper previous training in photo manip. Two versions because twenty minutes of hide/unhide later I cant make up my mind which is better SO.

Idea? Simple - we had to put ourselves in a place we've never been, but nobody said it had to be a real place. And since the only pictures I have of me are at conventions in silly costumes, I went to the logical conclusion of shenanigans and lulz and thus arose Jedi Japan! ... Yeah no, but oh well. 

Process: Self-insertion had a few layers over it as clipping masks to bring it more in tune with the image, then some filtering/shadows were added to the image as a whole by the way of the burn/dodge/blur tool, layer and blending modes, and gaussian blur. Oh and a couple light gradients.

Sources? WELL, since you asked.



No comments:

Post a Comment